Saturday, November 19, 2011

"S" Stinky Face, how I love you!











"I love you, my wonderful child," said Mama as she tucked me in. But I had a question.....


But Mama, but Mama, what if I were a super smelly skunk, and I smelled so bad that my name was STINKY FACE???


"Then I would give you a bath and sprinkle you with sweet-smelling powder. And if you still smelled bad, I wouldn't mind, and I would hug you tight and whisper in your ear, 'I love you, Stinky face'"




This is the story that I read Macen from the time I found out I was having a boy. The night that I was home with him, I read it to him, and as he grew he would giggle every time I got to the Stinky Face part of the book. We still call him "Stinky" (sometimes for a different reason) Today, I am so thankful for my "Stinky Face" and for the many many stories that I have been able to read to him. I am so thankful for the many stories that he is able to read to me! So Macen..."I LOVE YOU STINKY FACE" (and I always will)




No comments: