Monday, November 7, 2011

"G" I am Thankful for my GREAT GRANDMA Fail

This is a picture of my Mom, my Uncle Doug, and my Great Grandma Fail. I am sad to say I never got to meet her..but if any of you knew my Grandma Johnson, or if you are lucky enough to know my mom, you can imagine how great my Great Grandma was. I can only imagine her humor, her charm, her love. She must have been AWESOME!!! (I know, there's that word again..but I love anything AWESOME) So, today, I am thankful for my Great Grandma...and for all the great women who came before me! I hope to make you proud!
My mom, after reading this posted a memory of my Great Grandma on Facebook, so I had to share it..this is what my mom wrote:
"She lived alone in an apartment building in SLC. She babysit for income and on her days off she would walk to the temple. She would come and take care of us on each new baby. I asked her once,"grandma don't you get lonesome?" she would answer, "Kaylene I just open the door and say God I'm home" and he took care of the rest." Thank you mom..I love stories like this!

No comments: