Thursday, November 3, 2011

"D" I am Thankful for my "DAD"












Dads and Daughters


Author: Reginald Holmes


Whole volumes have been written of fathers and their sons.

Why must daughters and their dads be such forgotten ones?

There are special ties that bind a daughter to her dad.

And a certain kind of feeling that sons have never had.

She goes to dad for counsel when things get out of hand.

She knows he has the answers,that he will understand.

From him she gets her courage;

she thrives upon his praise

and sometimes takes advantage of his kind, loving ways.

With due respect to Mother,

today I'm proud and glad

to write a little poem about a daughter and her Dad!


I love this poem because it's me and my dad. He's always been there for me. He gets mad, he gets frustrated, and then he forgives..

I know I'm his favorite (Just don't tell my sisters)

So, today, I want the world to know..

I am so Thankful for my Daddy!

No comments: