Friday, December 23, 2011

The Three Wise Men



I love the story of the Three Wise men. I love the fact that they waited year after year for the birth of Jesus. I love that they followed a single star, night after night until they had finished their quest.

I think it's important to note that they were not there in the stable on that first night. It took awhile to find this boy named Jesus. They never lost faith, even though there had to have been times that it would have been easier to turn around and go home..back to their riches and worldly goods...but they didn't.

I think we can learn from these men. We may not have been there in the stable, but we can still find him..if we search, if we have faith.

To quote one of my favorite Forgotten Carols:

Somewhere beneath the glitter

That comes this time of winter

In many souls there is a cry

They may not clearly say it

But in their hearts they pray it

And you can see it in their eyes

'I cannot find my way

I cannot find my way

I cannot find my way at all

There are so many voices

So many different choices,

I cannot find my way at all.'

There were three kings

Who followed the star

Of Bethlehem

They came from afar

To praise and honor Him

His light

which beckoned them to see

The Lord of Man

It calls to you,

It calls to me

We're not alone,

We have a star

And it shines today

The love that He gave

Teaches how

And shows the way

That light,it's clear to see

If we have faith and believe

Three kings found the Lord

And so can we...


This season, and every day throughout the year, my hope is that each of us can find our way..to what ever it is that makes you happy.

No comments: