Monday, December 5, 2011

The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me: Why I love the Muppets















Yesterday, Grant, Macen and I went to see the new Muppets Movie. I have loved the Muppets since I was a little girl watching Sesame Street, and I wanted Macen to see them on the big screen. It was AWESOME! Watching Macen, as he hoped that Kermit would get the group together, smiling at the newest Muppet, Walter, laughing at Fozzy, giggling at Swedish Chef, cracking up at Beeker, and cheering at the happy ending, was the best part of my day.

I think the Muppets are celebrity icons. I think they are amazing role models.

Kermit is the original in my eyes..he was a natural born leader. He put up with a whole lotta crazy, and he never gave up..and he still doesn't..He rocks.. He loves Miss Piggy even with all her faults.. (Grant is my Kermie!)

Miss Piggy (who, by the way, is my FAVORITE) taught me that it was okay to speak my mind, to go after what I want..I love her. She likes to be the center of attention (hmm..sound familiar?) She can stand on her own, but she'd rather stand with the people (or Frog as the case may be) that she loves. I think girls should look to her for a role model..instead of a crazy teenager who changes just to be with a sparkly Vampire!

Animal..what an insane Muppet..and he is fantastic..He loves what he does and he does it with passion!

Scooter..the original back bone! He keeps things together..(And Nan, if you're reading this..he reminds me of you!)

The newest Muppet, Walter, was so great in the movie. He had to find his place by being himself. What a great lesson for everyone!

All the Muppets are amazing characters. Each are individuals that together make an amazing family. Each have personalities that touch people, young and old.

I love the Muppets. They are the true celebrities of our day!

So, Cheers to Jim Henson and the furry creatures he created..and God bless the Muppets..



No comments: