Monday, March 9, 2009

Update


Wow! What a weekend! We're back home in Fallon. Last Thursday, we went to St. George, Utah. We went for two big reasons. The first being my daddy's 70th Birthday. He doesn't like to talk about it, but I think it's an amazing landmark. My dad is an amazing man. I admire him so much. I gave him such a hard time growing up, and he still loves me. He gave our family a strong work ethic, and hasn't stopped working hard! He is brilliant, he is humble...and most of all he's a great dad! Happy Birthday Big Daddy!
The second reason was because I went through the St. George temple. We sealed my Grandma and Grandpa (for those of you who aren't sure what I am talking about, just ask) It was the greatest day ever!
My sister, Tracie came down from Salt Lake. She is so great. You all need to meet her. She makes me laugh. (And Trace..if you read this, the "naked" comment is etched in my memory!) My friend Nan surprised me...I have to tell you that story. Since I got my temple recommend, I knew that I wanted to go to St. George. I asked Nan to come with me. She said that she was sorry, but there was just no way. I was sad..but I understood. On Friday morning as Grant and I were driving down St. George boulevard, he got a call on his cell phone. When I asked him who it was he told me that it was my sister and we needed to go pick her up. As he's saying this, we're passing by her hotel...He said.."Oh, she's at a new hotel." As we pull up to the red light, I say "You're lying to me" He assured me that I was crazy and we pulled into the Suites parking lot. As he opened the truck's door..I asked him if Nan was here..He just smiled..and sure enough, my friend Nan had flown down from Reno early early early to be with me in the temple! How great is she?
The Temple experience was so amazing that I don't have the words to describe it. As I walked into the Temple's chapel with my mother, most of my family was there. (Kim and John..you were missed greatly)My dad, My Uncle Doug and Aunt Nancy were there, along with my Aunt Katherine. My Bishop and his wife were there, sitting nexzt to Nan. My brother Bill and his wife Gina were in front, and two of my parents friends were there to walk us through the day. (Ann and Randy, thank you again for everything) Tracie had done work for my Grandma J and the day wouldn't have been the same without her. You'll read this line again..but I trult believe that Heaven will be alot like that day!
I met my nephew RJ's beautiful fiancee Kirsten..She is perfect...What an amzing weekend! Thank you to all who were there!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I wish i could have been there.