Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekly update!


Hi everyone! My little boy had his first "real" birthday party this weekend! What a great time. First off, a BIG thanks to my parents, Nan and Geran for helping out soooooo much! It was great having them here! My parents got here Friday. They had a very long ride, and I am sure that they were exhausted, but what troopers they were! They were so cute with Macen. Macen and my dad played light sabers and my mom played a little bit of everything with him. Macen loved being the center of attention!
On Saturday, Nan and Geran came over and totally helped out! Macen LOVES Nan and Geran. Geran really is like an older brother to Macen! (They act like brothers..in good and bad ways!) Grant and I rented out the base movie theater for the party. Nan and my mom helped carpool all the kids over to the base. While I waited for other kids and picked up the pizza, Nan entertained a dozen 5 and 6 year olds....I will owe her for years! We watched "Veggie Tales" (well, the adults watched...the kids and I danced in the aisle) We got back to our house, had cake, cracked open a pinata, opened gifts, and played at the park. We all were tired by the time the parents came to pick up the kids! After the party, we all checked out Macen's gifts. Check out the pictures below. My mom and Geran were so funny! We laughed so hard! By the end of the day we all couldn't wait to sleep!
My parents left this morning. I can't tell you enough how wonderful it was to have them here. I truly was blessed with an amazing family! I don't think anyone could have better parents than mine!
This week will not be as crazy, and we still have Macen's real birthday on Monday. I hope you all have a fun and safe week. Enjoy the blog, but check back for more pictures!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: