Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekly Update



Life is back to normal.. We enjoyed vacation but had to get back to the real world. Grant is back at the Cole.The new CO took command last week, and Grant likes him. He's getting ready to head out for a few weeks. He keeps talking about retiring, but that won't be for a bit. We spent the first part of last week trying to get our ID cards updated..The Navy computers kept going down so we got to see what the Coast Guard station in Yorktown looked like. Pretty cute base..I decide that living right on the water isn't the greatest in the winter because the breeze chilled me to the bone. We had a few issues with Grant's paperwork, but finally we got updated, so I can still call myself a Navy wife.



Macen is back to school and ready for another vacation. He says he wants school one week and vacation for two.. He is doing much better though. He is loving science. He's learning about energy and has been educating us on how we need to conserve more. He's not liking the cold weather and talks about missing St. George every time the wind blows here in Virginia. He is looking forward to spring so he can get back to the beach. (What can I say, he takes after his momma) It's hard for me to believe he's going to be 10! My baby isn't a baby anymore! We were looking through old pictures and found the one where we took him to the beach for the very first time...(I had to post it so you can see it too) It's amazing to me how time has flown by. He's so big now, but still needs me..

I'm still bored out of my mind. I have made some pretty good friends, but, like Macen, I don't do cold weather either, and miss my St. George. I'll get back there some day, even if it is just for a LONG vacation!

Well, that's about it. Have a good week. I'll update again soon! Love you all!

No comments: