Wednesday, January 22, 2014

In Honor Of Our Katie Bird

I never knew I could love so much,
until the day I felt your touch.
I softly kissed your cheeks
And from under your lashes I saw you peek.
Your beautiful eyes, so small and blue.
My sweet little baby, just brand new to the world.
It hurt so much when I lost you
My daughter, My love, My little joy.
I will never get to see you grow up and shine
Because God needed you more than me.
I promise I will never forget you
And There'll always be a place in my heart for you.
Even though I only got to spend 4 mos. with you,
I still can hear your laughter in my ears.
My eyes fill with tears, everytime I look at your pictures
Because I miss you so much.
You brought me joy,
Everytime that I looked at you.
All the things that you did,
Brought a smile to my face.
I was so glad when God gave me you,
But I was upset when he took you away from me so quick.
I use to wake up every morning,
Just to look in your eyes,
But that night when we checked and you weren't breathing
It broke my heart and I took the blame.
One day when my time has come,
We'll be together again.

No comments: