Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

I can't believe it's New Years Eve..I am sitting in the family room, with "Julie and Julia" in the background. Macen is in bed, and Grant is enjoying the first day of 2010 in Japan. I am sad, but okay. It's hard, this "Navy wife" business. I am waiting for the days that my little family will spend every holiday together, when we will actually be tired of spending so much time together...We have years before that will happen though, so I will muddle through this holiday grateful for what I do have.
I will be celebrating my son's 8th birthday this year, I will be celebrating my
41st , and Grant hasn't even rounded the corner...ahh, I guess I am a "cougar!" Grant and I will have been together 11 years...9 of them married! It's amazing to me. I wasn't looking for my soul mate, and he walked in to Blockbuster! I do believe in fate, or God's plan..whatever you want to call it. I look at what we have...and it's all because "two people fell in love."
Happy New Year everyone. I love all of you. You are all in my thoughts, and some day, you'll be in my memoirs! Have a wonderful night, and the best New Year ever!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Happy New Year, Shanna. You are right...this Navy Wife thing isn't for the faint of heart! It's a wild ride, but in the end worth every bump, loop, and turn! Hang in there! All the other Navy wives are pulling for you! We've got your back :)

LeAnn said...

Happy new year!!! I love ya and miss ya!