Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Family Cruise Day Aboard the Mighty USS Cole





Our first and last Family Cruise in the Navy! WOW! 13 years of being with a sailor and I finally remembered the main reason I didn't join the Navy...I get seasick. REALLY seasick!
Last Friday, the boy, John, Sara, and myself met Grant aboard the Cole for a day on the open sea.
As you can tell by the picture it was a very rainy, cold, and blustery day. John and Sara were amazing! Macen and I not so much. Macen slept the day cuddled in a quilt on Grants bed. I, being ever so graceful, vomited all over the p-way! Attractive I know!
Grant works with some amazing people. Grant is an amazing man. I am so proud of the dedication he has, of the dedication those who work with have. It is a tough job, and not meant for everybody. I can tell you without doubt, that I sleep better at night knowing that our freedom is being protected by these people that I have met!
I have loved my life as a sailors wife. I have loved the adventure. I have met some of my greatest friends while following my husband and his career. (If any of you are reading this, you know who you are and I love you!)
Well, it's late. I am tired and I get the whole bed to myself, so I am signing out. Good night everyone!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm so glad you got the chance to do a Family Day Cruise - in all the years Casey has spent in the Navy, the opportunity never presented itself for me. However, I probably would have decorated the p-ways as nicely as you did!!

And I love you, too!