Monday, July 13, 2009

Gosh Darn Dogs

SO..Today I made a roasted chicken for dinner. Macen LOVES chicken, so I seasoned, I basted, I roasted the best chicken ever! It made the whole house smell so good...Our mouths were watering..(think Christmas Story: Ralphie's Dad and the turkey) It was PERFECT! I cooked it to the perfect temperature..I put it on the counter..I let it cool..I sliced it perfectly..I gave some to Macen, I gave some to myself. I dreamt of chicken sandwiches with fresh soft white bread..oh life was going to be perfect tomorrow....then..the DOGS!!!! Oh, how I curse the day Scout got big enough to see what was on the counter! He picked the plate of carved chicken off the counter and bolted outside....Bear quickly followed...by the time I got to them..the chicken was in dog bellies! The plate still glistened with the chicken juices..There will be no sandwiches tomorrow..no need to make fresh white bread...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I'd roast them dogs and teach them a lesson.


(totally kidding) (kinda)

P.S. now my mouth's 'a watering for roast chicken.