Friday, June 19, 2009

My Family...Weekly update


Hello all! I know I know..It's been a long time. I've been busy and sadly the blog suffered..but no more. I am organized (well, as organized as I can be) and my camera is recharged, so summer 2009 here we come!
First off, thank you Miss Courtney F. for the great Little Rascal's picture..It's now my profile picture on Facebook! Look close everyone..Macen makes a great Alfalfa don't you think?
Macen is doing well. He misses his Daddy something fierce, but he knows that I'm doing all that I can to get us to Japan. In the meantime he's been going to the Youth Activity Center for daycamp. He is having a blast! He goes on fieldtrips almost every other day! He comes home worn out! He starts his summer tutoring program next week..so he'll be ready for bed by 7 every night..yay for Mom!
Grant is settled in on his ship. He misses us as much as we miss him, but he's staying very busy. (Again, get on Facebook to see) He likes being a chief, but the responsibility for the young sailors is a bit of a challenge! He's doing well though. I am so proud of him! I know he'd like to hear from you all, so drop him a line caufieldgr@ddg54.navy.mil
As for me, well....I'm keeping busy. I started working out every day..scary huh? I walk the dogs, work out with Wii, lift weights, and have fallen in love with Yoga! I'm starting to feel better..and I like buying smaller sizes when I shop! I too miss Grant, but God willing, we'll all be together again in August. (I may have to bribe a few people, but I'm not above it!) Work is fine. I enjoy the "grown up" time. My church callings are fine. My sunday school kids ROCK! My Activities is well....no comment. I don't know how my mom did it for so long. I enjoy working with Nan though. She's keeping me sane!
I've had a few girls night out too! I saw 17 again and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Great movies! I recommend them highly!
I did get a bit of sad news this month though. My Sister Tracy's oldest dog Oreo had to be put down. He was an amazing animal, and he will be missed. (I do, however, believe that he's in heaven right now being fawned over by my little Katie Bug)
Well, that's the news for now. I love you all, and hope we can see each other before I go! :)
enjoy the blog, leave a comment or two..and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Shanna! It's great to get a good family update! I think you and Jeremy are friends on facebook but somehow I missed an invite. lol I'll have to try to find you the next time I'm on.

Good for you on getting more healthy. Our RS did a "walk for your life" 5K walk/run. I "trained" for the five weeks and felt good. I've taken the last week off but hope to start getting the exercise in. It's hard to squeeze it in, though. lol