Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Temple Square

After the wedding, Grant, I and Macen took a walk around Temple Square. The most peaceful spot in the world. Here's Macen and I in front of the temple and reflecting pond.
Macen giving me a kiss!
This is in honor of the "Stone Cutter" film..If you've never seen it..ask a mormon friend..This was etched by a man who WALKED 22 miles every monday to work every day until friday..when he would walk the 22 miles home. One day, while doing chores around the farm, the family cow kicked him in the leg..and the leg SHATTERED. After he healed as much as he could, he made an artificial leg, and continued his mission of etching those words in to the temple. He passed away without ever seeing the Salt Lake Temple completed (It took 40 years) I am still in awe of the Pioneers!
One more picture of Mac and me..(mom, this is so you can't say I never post pictures of myself!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: