Saturday, August 23, 2008

Soccer Has Begun!


Hi everyone! It's been a while since I updated! Soccer season started last week. (It feels like never ended from last year!) Macen is on the "Red Dragons" and his coach is awesome! Grant and I are on the soccer board, so we have spent way too much time on the fields these past few weeks! I'm starting to miss my friends!
School starts on Tuesday, and Macen is trying to get excited. He's in the 1st grade. He doesn't get the whole idea about having to go to school every year. He figures since he graduated form kindergarten he should be done with school. He asked me "How many time do you think I need to graduate?" I'm hoping at least 13 more times!
I started my new job last week. Heather Thomas is moving home while her husband is in Afghanistan, so she let me take over her job! It's great! I work maybe 3 times a week for a few hours. I get paid, and I get to be home for Macen. It's also allowing me to still be PTO president, and it doesn't interfere with soccer! Can't ask for anything better! (So a Big thanks to Heather)
Grant is involved with the new class of Chiefs this year. He's up early Tuesday's and Thursday's leading the class in drill. This past week he marched them to the CO's house to wake him up with a stirring rendition of "Anchor's Aweigh" He then led them through housing to wake up the CMC's family.....and every house on the way....
Well, that's it for now. I'll blog again on Tuesday with pictures of Macen's first day! We love you all and hope to see you soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: